Tuesday, November 16, 2004

isolation ward

I wonder about relationships with people.
Do many people feel alone and isolated?
Where can a person go to meet with others? If I walk into a store, a restaurant, or even a bar and start talking with someone, I would probably be imposing, and I might even be hit or something… at least yelled at or made to feel stupid. I think a good-looking girl might not have this problem, maybe even a good-looking guy, but I’m a forgettable looking guy.

Most people do not remember me when I walk into a room or after I walk out of the room. I would make a wonderful criminal; because no one would ever remember seeing me. Even in my own family, at reunions and such, they seem not to recognize me unless I’m with my wife!
My wife is distinct, and everyone knows her. She is short with black curly hair and a warm smile. More people recognize her than she can remember, and I don’t think she has ever had to explain who she is the way I have had to.

I have become very adept at reading the blank look on people’s face right after I say, "hello". I then have to jog their memories, “Remember me, we used to be brothers?”, or “I saved your life last month when I pulled you from that burning car! Do you remember me now”? ...Blank stare, clears throat, coughs, Ya, sure. Now... there is a certain familiar resemblance... well, maybe not that much... but close!
I wonder if that’s why I feel alone? No one even knows who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home