Monday, November 29, 2004

Elephant Trunk Rock


You don't have to look hard at this rock formation to know why it is called elephant trunk rock. It's located along state highway 58 between Lloyd and Ithaca Wisconsin.

The first time I saw 'elephant trunk' rock; I was young and I was riding with my dad as we drove to Richland Center to sell cattle.

The base of the rock has been repaired and reinforced because someone damaged it... no, not vandals but by a road crewmember!

Someone had decided to destroy the rock, but an area resident saw what was happening and stopped the destruction before the unique landmark was forever lost. I'm glad it was saved; because it is unique and each time I drive by I remember the first time I was shown this rock by my father.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home