Saturday, February 23, 2008

Book: "First Big Crush"


Only one more week and February will be gone but winter has us locked in this year. Snow, below zero temperatures, and no mid-winter respite that I can recall! I'm dreaming of spring.

I found a great source for grape vines for my vineyard. Pam, a friend from work, gave me a catalog from Miller Nurseries out of Canandaigua, New York, and it has the best variety of wine grapes that I've found so far and the prices are very reasonable I think.

I'm also reading the book, "First Big Crush" by Eric Arnold.

This book is great fun for me but its language and talk may be too crude for you.

I work in an environment that exposes me to Arnold's type of crudeness on a daily basis so I get past that and enjoy the story he tells about working at a winery in New Zealand. I've caught myself laughing out loud more than once and I'm only starting chapter four!

It makes me anxious to begin my own vineyard and I'm sure I can produce wines that will rival the commercial producers efforts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home